The sooner a scar is treated, the greater the chance of positively influencing scar formation. Start applying Contractubex® Intensive Patch as soon as the wound is closed and/or any stitches have been removed.
The Contractubex® Intensive Patch is soft, adheres well and was developed to be conveniently used overnight. It is very simple to use and highly effective:
- Clean and dry the area of the scar thoroughly.
- Remove the Intensive Patch from the outer packaging.
- It can be cut to the appropriate size when used for smaller scars.
- Apply to the scar tissue before going to bed.
- Leave on the skin overnight for between 6 and a maximum of 12 hours.
- The active substances are released gradually.
- The skin-friendly climate beneath the soft layer promotes scar elasticity.
- A new Intensive Patch should be used each day.
- Treatment should be continued for a period of at least 3 months.
The Contractubex® Intensive Patch for nighttime use is particularly suitable for treating scars on difficult-to-reach parts of the body, for cosmetic scars, e.g. following birthmark removal and for Caesarean section scars. Facial scars and those on other visible areas can also be gradually regenerated overnight and covered up with make-up the following morning.
The Intensive Patch can be used to make old scars, including hypertrophic scars and keloids, less pronounced, paler and smoother too.
Scar treatment needs patience, as the injured skin takes time to heal. After about 4 weeks, a reduction of redness can usually be observed; after two months, the scar tissue gradually becomes lighter, more elastic and flat. Contractubex® Intensive Patch is very safe and tolerable. Small children and even babies can be treated safely.